Monday, June 25, 2012

Biz tip: Costly Mistake #1 .Not following through

Biz Thought: Costly Mistake # 1.


 Just leave these bids with me and I will sign them and make sure they are mailed on time,. my former business partner said to me. Being young and naive (dumb) and not to be seen as "nagging" I listened to him. 


And on top of that I did not follow my hunch up and check with him to see if he had mailed it. 
Did they get mailed on time? NO!
Could it had been the winning bid? YES! 
In fact the guy who won the bid was only $500 higher than!us. 

Moral of story: Do not be afraid of "nagging"! It's your money laying on the table! 

And better yet keep control of the papers and make sure they are mailed or handed in. 


Remember Names are only names and when someone accuses you of  "nagging"  just smile sweetly and say "Yes and I am.  And I  not going to stop until what I need gets done".

No comments: