Monday, November 11, 2013

EmpressofBiz, Biz Tips Happy Veterans Day...Hire a Vet..it is good for business.

Best wishes for those who have served in the U. S. Armed Forces.  Below is a picture taken in the late summer of 1941 of my Dad, Mother and his 3 brothers.  Dad bottom left, Uncle Joe, the Youngest bottom right, Grandma in the middle, Uncle Puffy upper left and Uncle Ralph upper right
  This was several months before Pearl Harbor.  The country was recovering from the Great Depression and was looking forward to better times.  No one wanted to go to war...but they did when the call came.  All four served in the Armed Forces.  My Dad was a marine, my Uncle Puffy was a paratrooper, Uncle Ralph Army MP, and Uncle Joe Army.  Two of them were involved in D-Day in Normandy.  They did what had to be done and then came home and built our country.  There all gone now...but I remember them always in my heart.

No comments: