Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What happens when things go RIGHT!

Are you the type that gets worried and apprehensive when a plan works out? Do you think something is wrong because you made money on a job..Did I miss something.? I know something is going to bite me on this. Many business owners are prepared to handle things going wrong...but when the things go right...then they really worry.
I have watched a number of my clients and students really make their lives miserable by worrying about success. I am not sure how to correct it for every one . Each person has their own individual reason for worrying, but what I can recommend are some basic tips to stop the success worry.
1. Use visual reminders to re-enforce it is OK to be successful.
2. Every time you find yourself worrying put money in a "worry jar". One client I know started putting $5 in a jar each time he caught himself worrying...it quickly got expensive. He decided it was too costly to worry...and stopped.
3. Do something nice for someone who needs it. A good way to put those extra dollars to work.
4. Ask a good friend to help you change yourself . Every time she hears you 'worrying" she asks you why.
5. Learn more about your business.. sometimes we worry when we know we are skating by.
6. Ask yourself what is the worse thing that can happen if I am successful. You might be surprised at the answer.
7. If you are really devoted to worry...make yourself worry intensely for a half hour each day. No smiling no joking..just worry and frowning...it soon gets boring.
8. Give us a call..412-440-6969! We like to work with people who want to adjust their attitude.
Life can be so much more pleasant when we decide to enjoy it.

No comments: