Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Customer Service is back!

One of the side benefits of the "great recession" is customer service is back! Should of never gone away!

Expecting employees to know how you want customers treated is foolish. Managers must demonstrate by their actions good customer behavior. They must consistently instruct, correct, confront negative behavior and notice when they get positive results.

Also employees need to be empowered to correct mistakes immediately. Give employees the authority to correct a negative situation quickly and satisfactorily.

Example: Recently in two days I was at two chains for lunch.

Chain A: There was a hair--uck-- in my soup. I called the waitress over and eventually she got to my table. I pointed out the problem. She did apologize and said I get you another bowl. By that time..I did not want any..so I said no thanks. And that was it.

Chain B: The next day there was a problem with the salad. I called the waitress over, she apologized and offered to correct the problem and said there was no charge for the lunch and brought over a dessert. Now what restaurant do you think I am going to go back to?

Simply put.. Treat your customers as gold and gold will come back to you.

No comments: