Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Small Business Owners TARGET OF IRS SCAM ARTISTS

  SCAM ALERT! Small  Biz Owners  

TARGETED by Telephone  CON ARTISTS


 Usually I am not on the side of the IRS...but this is one time that I am on their side.  
On Monday, November 17 at 12:28 pm I was contacted by a telephone solicitor who left a message saying they were the IRS and that they we trying to reach me for several months and because of non-payment I was going to be sued. I was to call this number back with my case file # to prevent this immediate action. 

 At first I was terrified the IRS...OMG...then I thought call your accountant...and I did.  This call brought  instant relief!   My accountant shared with me that the IRS does not call people and say the are immediately suing you and repossessing everything you have.  There is a due process the IRS  must follow and if you as a busienss owner or individual and  receive a call like this...immediately hang up and report them.   There are major scams being attempted on people and many people have fallen for these  threatening and deceiving tactics.  IF YOU RECEIVE ANY PHONE CALLS like this...immediately hang up and report it to the IRS PHONE SCAM line 1-800-366-4984. 

Besides our own homegrown crooks...many of these scam rooms are run by overseas organizations that use the money obtained from frightened people to finance illegal operation from drugs to guns to worse.

 Be alert...warn your staff, employees and family.  And put pressure on law officials and the phone companies to stop this kind of harassing and frightening criminal actions.  It is estimated that these kind of tactics costs Americans up to $40 billion dollars a year.

http://fraudresearchcenter.org/2012/11/scams-schemes-swindles-a-review-of-consumer-financial-fraud-research/

No comments: